Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do you apply blush to a long face to make it look fatter and wider?

I could use width on my face too. I do several things for that. I have had people describe my face as oval instead of long, but really, it's kind of long, like Liv Tyler.





First, I use blush and appy it while I'm smiling. This pops out your cheekbones. Also, apply a little on your temples, but make sure there is gradiation that fades into your hairlines. Use the excess blush on your brush to add some colour to your t-zone. It's important as well to use a big, fluffy brush, not those ones you get with blush compact.





Next, apply some bronzer, or translucent shimmer powder or lotion, and apply some only on the apples of your cheeks.





Then, apply some foundation, or even eyeshadow that is one shade darker than your skin tone and apply a thin and translucent area into your hairline. Next, apply the same product under your chin and just a tiny bit on the tip of your chin and jawline.





You might also not have the right eyebrows for your face shape. There are sites that tell you how it should be done. For long/oblong faces, most of them say that straight eyebrows with no arch are suitable for this face shape. To be honest, I don't like it because it doesn't look too sophiticated, and I assume anyone who wants to wear make up should have nicely shaped eyebrows too, right. They also say that you need to pluck hairs on the inside eyebrows to create more space in between the eyes and give the illusion of width. Do any shape you want because this part of the eyebrows have great working power with your eyes and face. One more thing, don't have your eyebrows too thin because it will allow more attention to go to for your face shape instead of your eyes.





One more tip, consider your hair style as well. Side swept bangs are great for long faces, short hair, and long hair is okay as long as you have layers.





I hope I helped. If you need more help, you can email me through my profile. ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
reptiles